12 July 2021
Create your own imagined landscape with collage club
You will need:
- A selection of your favourite mt Masking Tapes ( varying widths and colours)
- A sheet of colourful card
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Small shapes and scraps of colourful paper for decorating
1. Start by using a thicker roll of tape to map out rolling hills on the bottom half of your piece of card. Rip the tape instead of cutting it to achieve a lovely white, soft edge. Use layers of tape placed over each other to form interesting shapes and to get multiple tones running through your collage.
2. Choose three or four colours of tape to form your buildings. Play around with height and scale, and layer buildings up on top of each other. Use an mt CASA round sticker to form a sun in the sky.
3. Get decorating and add detail! Roll out a range of colours (white looks great against bright colours) on your cutting mat and use a craft knife and ruler to cut out neat geometric shapes to decorate your buildings with. Add two tone triangles to make roofs, mini flags and stars, and checkerboard patterns to your collage. You can try out your ideas on a separate sheet of paper before you commit to them on your final piece.
4. Use small shapes and offcuts of paper to add finishing touches to your imagined landscape. Stick them down with glue when you’re happy.